Friday, October 17, 2008

I DID IT!!! I TOOK THE BAR DOWN!



The law school adventure finally ended in May of this year. It was awesome to have nearly all of my family there to support me. But graduation was just another step on the way to becoming an attorney...there still loomed the bar exam.

After returning from our cruise with the Nieders, I jumped in head first to studying and preparing for the bar. Study was intense, every bit as much if not more than law school had been. The exam consisted of two days of testing: 12 essays covering topics from tort to contract to criminal law to civil procedure; and one day consisting of 200 multiple choice questions.

Just to make things interesting, Jen and I headed up to Utah 2 weeks prior to the exam to pick up Gavin. Those two weeks were to be the mother cram session of all cram sessions. However, I managed to study but 20 hours in a two week period. Which is how much I was told you need to plan on studying in a two day period to pass. I knew that if I did my part, and trusted in the Lord, that he would see me through; and that he did.

On Friday, October 10 I learned I passed the Arizona Bar! Yea!!! Woohoo!!! The relief from having passed that test was one like few I have experienced. Now all I need is for a committee of people who have never met me to exam the 50+ pages of background information I had to send them and deem me good enough to practice law.

Thank you so much to everyone that supported me through law school and the bar. Especially my wonderful wife, who had to deal with my stress, my anxiety, and my irritability. Without her support there is absolutely no way I would have made it through. Not to mention how she is the best Sugar Momma ever!


1 comment:

Launa said...

I'm so proud of you!! What an amazing accomplishment!! What's not to like about you? The panel will look at your handsome picture and say "He's got "the Look" and the creditials-- APRROVED!" :) You take good care of your little family. They're the best! Love ya!